Friday, 9 November 2012

Lion Rampant: First look at some units

I'm in blog overdrive mode tonight ... three posts. This third one is to show off the freshly painted figures I have on the way from the talented Matt Slade of Glenbrook Games. As I started working on my new game, I decided to treat myself to some new medieval armies ... a lot has changed since the days of my old Ral Parthas (interesting-ish fact: my first metal figures were a Ral Partha mounted Mongol and two Citadel skeletons circa 1985).

Matt provides a great service and comes highly recommended by me, just don't overload him with work thank-you-very-much as I have some more units for him to paint up in the near future. Check out his website here. He took the photos too, the talented chappie.

As you can see in the photos, most foot units are built of 12 models, and you'll have roughly 4-6 units in your army. The three units on show are Foot Sergeants, Archers, and Crossbowmen. They'll also no doubt see some action with Songs of Blades & Heroes and possibly Scottorum Malleus if I ever return to it.